Casual Employment Information Statement
Recent changes to the Fair Work Act in Australia means that Employers have to give every new casual employee a Casual Employment Information Statement (CEIS) before (or as soon as possible after) they start their new job.
Employers aren’t required to give casual employees the CEIS more than once in any 12 month period (for example, if an employer employs a casual employee temporarily at different stages in a 12 month period, they only need to give them the CEIS once).
The CEIS has information about:
- the definition of a casual employee
- when an employer has to offer casual conversion
- when an employer doesn’t have to offer casual conversion
- when a casual employee can request casual conversion
- casual conversion entitlements of casual employees employed by small business employers
- the role of the Fair Work Commission to deal with disputes about casual conversion.
Providing the CEIS
Employers can give casual employees the CEIS:
- in person
- by mail
- if the employee agrees, by emailing a copy of the CEIS or a link to the CEIS on the Fair Work website
With the above options in mind, with using the RecruitOnline Candidate Portal & Custom Online Registration it is easy easy to add the CEIS into your onboarding process.