Any documents/files pertaining to the Candidate should be uploaded here.
- To open a file, click on the 'Download' link
- To view more information on a file, click the 'Info' link
Upload a File
Files can only be uploaded one by one.
- Select File From (PC, Dropbox or Google Drive) & click Choose File and locate the file to upload
- Choose the File Type
- Enter the Description of the file (this must be entered otherwise the file will not be uploaded)
- Leave the default settings of the permissions or change:
- You can change this so that only a certain division can view the file, if required.
- Set the 'Publishing' options to Yes or No (depending if you want the file published to the Client or Candidate interface (if your clients/candidates have access to this, depending on your ROL installation)). The 'Publishing' defaults to 'No'.
- Click 'Save Changes' to upload the file
Delete a File
- Click the edit icon corresponding to the file. When the drop-down menu appears, click on the "Info" link. This then lists all the details of the file.
- Click on "Edit this Document" link.
- Scroll down to 'Delete File' section, click the button 'Delete This File From ROL' to permanently remove it.
Change Permissions of a File
- Click the 'Info' button corresponding to the file or click on either the 'tick' or 'cross' icon . This lists all the details of the file.
- Where it states; 'Permissions: You can change permissions on this item or delete it. Click Here', click on the link.
- In the 'Change Permissions:' pane, you can then change the permissions of the file and save changes.
The ROL system automatically indexes (imports) the text within a document/file, for only those marked as 'Candidate Resume', into the candidates' 'Resume' tab every hour.
If you would like to do this yourself manually (ie you don't want to wait for the system to do it automatically in 60 minutes), then click the 'Import' button.
As long as the document/file is marked Candidate Resume as the file group, then the resume text will be imported.
This can be used to import files which cannot be read by the system (eg PDF's which are not text files).
To do this:
- Upload the file as per instructions under 'Upload a File' above
- Make sure it is uploaded as File Type: 'Candidate Resume' otherwise it will not import
- Open the file again and copy the entire text
- Click the 'Manual' link
- A new screen will appear
- Paste the text into the box provided on the screen
- Click 'Save Changes to Text' button
- Click 'Back to Candidate' button
- Click on the 'Resume' tab. The text pasted into the previous screen should now appear in this screen (scroll down - the most recently uploaded file is situated at the bottom of the screen)
Back to Candidate Record View